In this episode, I chat to Ninder Johal DL – deputy lieutenant West Midlands about the power of influence.
You’ve heard the saying that “respect is earned, not given.” The same rings true for influence. While some people are born with natural charisma and the ability to lead, most of us have to work at building up our influence. And that’s a good thing because Influence can be one of the most powerful tools in your business toolkit. When wielded correctly, it can help you get more done, boost your brand, and create lasting relationships.
As a business owner, you know that growing your brand is essential to success. But what if you’re not sure how to use the power of influence to achieve this goal? In this blog post, Ninder Johal explains some powerful techniques for using influence to grow your brand. So read on and learn how to take your business to the next level!
In order to grow a business, branding is essential. A well-known and respected brand can open doors that would otherwise be closed. In this blog post, you will learn how to use the power of influence to help your business grow. You will also find out which tactics work best for you and how you can use them to achieve your desired results. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
We talk about :
- What is influence? How does it work
- What makes up influence and component parts
- Power of Influence in business
- The pros and cons of it
- How can we build it
- how can we use it in business
-what are you looking for in regards to influence in regards to the type of people you feature on the magazine
- Measuring influence
Ninder is the Owner of the Nachural Group, which encompasses a music label (Nachural Records ), Nachural Events and the publisher of the Business Influencer Magazine.
What is influence? How does it work?
Influence is the ability to change or affect someone or something. It’s the ability to get people to do what you want them to do, whether that’s buy your product, vote for your candidate, or simply take your advice.
Influence works because it’s a two-way street. It’s not about telling people what to do or bullying them into submission. It’s about building relationships of trust and respect. When you have influence, people listen to you because they want to, not because they have to.
So how do you go about building that kind of trust and respect?
Here are a few tips:
1. Be genuine. People can see through fake influence, and they don’t trust it. Be yourself and be honest. When you’re genuine, people will respond to you in a positive way.
2. Be helpful. Offer your insights, advice, and help without expecting anything in return. People will appreciate your willingness to contribute and will be more likely to listen to what you have to say.
3. Be consistent. Influence is built over time, so be patient and consistent in your efforts. If you keep giving people good reasons to trust and respect you, they will eventually come around.
4. Be respectful. Treat people with respect, even if you don’t agree with them. Disagreeing with someone is okay, but attacking them or being rude is not.
5. Be humble. No one likes a know-it-all. Be willing to learn and admit when you’re wrong. People will respect your willingness to grow and learn, and they’ll be more likely to trust your advice.
Building influence isn’t easy, but it’s worth the effort. When you have influence, you can get more done, boost your brand, and create lasting relationships. Use these tips to start building your own influence and see what happens!
What makes up influence and component parts?
Influence is not a one size fits all activity, it has different forms that can be used in various situations. The Oxford Dictionary defines influence as: the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behaviour of someone or something, or the effect itself. This definition breaks down into three categories: agent, action, and object.
The agent is the person wielding the influence, the action is what they do to affect someone or something, and the object is the person or thing being affected. Of these three, the agent is the most important. They are in control of what they do and how they act, which gives them a great deal of power.
The agent’s power comes from their ability to create a connection with the object. This connection can be emotional, intellectual, or spiritual. It’s this connection that allows the agent to affect the object in a meaningful way.
So what are some of the different ways you can use influence?
Here are a few examples:
1. Persuasion: This is the most common form of influence, and it’s used to get people to do what you want them to do. It’s about convincing people that your way is the right way.
2. Inspiration: This form of influence is used to motivate people to achieve great things. It’s about inspiring people to be their best selves.
3. Connecting: This type of influence is about building relationships of trust and respect. It’s about putting the needs of others before your own.
4. Leadership: This form of influence is about guiding people to achieve a common goal. It’s about empowering people and giving them a sense of purpose.
5. Manipulation: This type of influence is about using people for your own gain. It’s about taking advantage of others for personal gain.
Ninder Johal DL – http://www.ninderjohal.com/
Digital Rapport® – http://www.digital-rapport.com
- Content Creator
- Latest Posts
Digital Business Coach | Web Revenue Strategist | Award-Winning IT Consultant | Author
Transform Your Skills, Knowledge and Experience Into a Thriving Online Business
Get Expert Guidance and Bespoke Growth Strategies, Meticulously Crafted to Align with Your Individual Journey as a Subject Matter Expert.
With over 18 years of industry experience in business and personal development, I’ve successfully been working with coaches, consultants and authors set up the right systems and implement strategic content strategies to start, grow and scale their businesses online with automation, digital products and services. (To work with Jatinder – click here)