In this episode, I have a conversation with Tanya MKF on how to really take back your hours and spend that time where it really matters in life and business. It’s not about time management or productivity it’s about looking at your real-time and owning it, making some decisions about what you have created so far and then owning it and designing how you really want life to look like, so you can step into it and live it to meet all your goals, dreams and desires.
Who really is dictating the shape of your life?
Are you living with intention? Are you doing what you really want to do with your time?
Living a life of ‘shoulda’ is only a projected perception or a perception you have taken on from external sources. When you pause and reflect and decide how you want to spend your hours you are then inspired from within and you have the chance to rewire your brain and live life the way you want to.
Topics covered include:
- Mind shift around how you are approaching your schedule
- What do you really want life and or business to look like
- How to Design your life, design your business and own your hours
- There is a way to design your life
- How ‘Someday’ is a myth and does not exist
- How to pause, be present and identify what your days are like and how to consciously then design the life you really want.
- If it’s not on the calendar it does not exist
- Looking at the real-time you have, what’s next, is this what you want
- What does your real-life look like?
- Have to’s, want to’s, love too’s,
- Block out the time and treat it like an appointment
- What space is being taken up with your time
- Where can the things you want to do fit in
- Is your current time in life where you really want to live?
- Scarp your ridged schedule, its about being intentional with your time so you can adapt
- Making decisions around the life you want not availability
- Recognise what you are saying yes or no to
- What routine supports you best
- Email is a box of others peoples agenda for you
- If this was my last breath would I respond to that email
- Spend the first 90 mins of your day on your goals
- Did I do the most with my time and run here?
- Living your best life
- Eureka, so thats what my day really looks like
- Get clear on what your life looks like and where you really going
Tanya MFK – https://www.tanyamfk.com
Digital Rapport® Podcast – https://www.digital-rapport.com
Productivity Tip – Stop being busy being busy
Far too often these days I hear people say they are “really busy”… really????
You have to be careful what you say to yourself. If you constantly keep saying “I’m really busy, I’m really busy” you will hypnotise yourself into REALLY believing it. You will end up training your subconscious mind to think that you are.
Why are you busy??? And if you are, what are you doing? and is it really helping you fulfil your goals? Or will you look back at life one day as say “damm where did my life go”.
If someone contacts you, can you not spare a few minutes or seconds to contact them back? or are you too busy??? But when you need them you don’t think twice. When you don’t contact people back or you say I was too busy, think about what that sounds like to your friends, customers, clients. It’s like you are saying you don’t value them. The truth is if you do this too much you will loose them, they will go to someone else who is “not busy”, and eventually they will stop asking and not even contact you. Can you afford for that to happen?
We are so connected these days with social media, text messaging, mobile phones, that we can’t even find time to contact someone who is contacting you in the first place. That’s a sad place to be.
The other day in the office I was talking to a colleague about how customer service and business has changed. People contact you for quotes, info etc and these businesses/people don’t even contact you back because they are “busy”… yeah in their heads and think about the amount of business you could be loosing because you are tooooooo busy.
Granted that we do get busy and sometimes we can genuinely forget if we have not made a note. But when you do remember don’t say you where busy, be open about it, if you forgot say you did, if you lost your note say that you did. Keep truth and integrity at hand, it’s something so many people are lacking these days.If you have missed calls on your phone, phone them back, return the messages.
STOP HYPNOTIZING YOURSELF! Clear your mind and get rid of the busyness. Organize yourself properly and make a habit of getting back in touch with people. Re-train your brain because being busy is just a habbit.
3 things you can do to help retrain your brain:
- Make notes to call people back
- The first thing you should say to yourself when you get into your office/workplace is “Is there any one I need to call back/contact today?” and do it first.
- & Just Stop saying “I’m Busy”.. simple
Do this every day and you will change your habits. Remember every action is some form of habit, change your thinking, change what you are saying to yourself and your habit will also change.
Tanya’s advice is not about time management or productivity; it’s about taking a step back and looking at what’s important to you.
What are your goals? What do you want to achieve?
Once you have a clear picture of what you want, you can start planning and designing your life to make it happen.
Owning your hours is essential to achieving success. You need to be in control of your time, not the other way around. When you’re in charge, you can choose how to spend your time and what projects to work on. This is a crucial step in achieving your goals.
So, how do you take back your hours and start living the life you want? Here are a few tips:
1. Set your priorities. What’s important to you? What do you want to achieve? Once you have a clear picture, start planning your days and weeks around those priorities.
2. Design your life. What does your perfect day look like? What about your perfect week or month? Once you have a general idea, start filling in the details.
3. Delegate and automate. There’s only so much time in a day, so don’t try to do everything yourself. Delegate tasks to others and automate as much as possible.
4. Take time for yourself. Make sure you schedule some time for yourself each day. This is essential for maintaining your sanity and ensuring that you don’t burn out.
5. Set boundaries. Don’t let others dictate how you spend your time. Set boundaries and stick to them.
6. Cut back on distractions. Reduce the amount of time you spend on distractions such as social media, television, etc.
7. Stay organized. This will help you stay on top of your tasks and avoid wasting time.
8. Make time for learning. Learning is essential for growth and progress. Make time for learning new things each day.
9. Stay motivated. This can be a challenge, but it’s essential if you want to achieve your goals. Find ways to stay motivated and inspired.
10. Celebrate your successes. Take time to celebrate your successes, big and small. This will help keep you motivated and energized.
When it comes to taking back your hours and designing your life, there are no set rules. You need to find what works for you and stick with it. These tips are a good starting point, but you may need to experiment a bit to find what works best for you. The most important thing is to be proactive and take charge of your life. When you do, the possibilities are endless.
In this podcast, we discussed how to take back your hours and start living the life you want. We looked at some tips for setting priorities, designing your life, delegating tasks, and staying organized. We also talked about how to stay motivated and celebrate your successes. Designing your life is not easy, but it’s worth it in the end. When you’re in control, you can achieve anything you set your mind to. So, start planning and designing your life today and see how great the results are.
Digital Business Coach | Web Revenue Strategist | Award-Winning IT Consultant | Author | Get 1:1 Step-By-Step and Strategic Guidance.
With over 15 years of industry experience in business and personal development, I’ve successfully been working with coaches, consultants and authors set up the right systems and implement strategic content strategies to start, grow or scale their business online with 1:1 services and online courses.
I can help you or your small business cut through the noise and map out the most efficient path from point A to Point B and Guide you on How To Transform Your Skills And Knowledge Into A Structured And Automated Coaching, Consulting or Author Business Without Tech Overwhelm, Noise or Distractions Online.